On the Second Hole of Christmas Golf my Playing Partner gave to me Two Invites Out with Clients and a Lesson on the Driving Range!
The 5 P’s – Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
The second biggest mistake people make when playing business golf is showing up unprepared for a round with clients. To ensure everything goes smoothly, plan ahead!
Here are the top 5 things you must do before a round of golf with a new client.
TOP 5 THINGS YOU MUST DO BEFORE A ROUND OF GOLF WITH A NEW CLIENT
1. Research your client. Find out as much about the client and his or her business before walking onto the golf course. This way you can engage the client and ask smart questions regarding their line of work.
2. Be ready to pitch your product or service. You should always be prepared to talk about your business even if the meeting is about your client’s business prospects. Have your 7-second pitch ready and make sure it is tailored to the specific client.
3. Practice your game. It isn’t how skilled you are at golf, but the confidence you have when you play that is noticeable to a client. It is easier to feel confident about your game when you get out to the range and practice.
4. Brush up on golf etiquette. Knowing when it is your turn to hit and steering clear of your client’s putting line leave more of an impression than your perfect drive!
5. Remember to have fun! Now that you have prepared for the round, remember that the day is about getting to know your client out of the office setting, so relax and enjoy your round of golf!
By following the 5 P’s you can transform a doomed round of golf into a successful business relationship and a better shot at winning more business! Click HERE for first HOLE of Christmas Golf!