Are you hesitant to play a match with your boss or clients, but you still want to see some results from all of your hard work getting into the game of golf? Then use these 5 golf talking points and questions to get noticed at the office.
- Do you think Rory will complete the Rory SLAM? (the Rory Slam refers to Rory completing the Grand Slam of Golf in the same year. This means he has to win all of the 4 majors in the same year. Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods are the only professional golfers to have achieved such a feat. And Bobby Jones is the only Amateur to complete the Grand Slam in the same year. If Rory does this, we will have a new hero to cheer for in golf – one with grace, integrity and spirit!)
- Do you think Tiger should make the Ryder Cup Team? He’s been pretty terrible this year and hasn’t performed very well in the past Ryder Cups, does he deserve a spot? (I personally think Tiger has seen better days and if America wants to win, they should give someone else a shot; after all Tiger did 3 putt 2 years ago to lose the match.)
- Did you see the PGA Championship? Wasn’t it cool to see Rory win 3 weeks in a row and 2 majors back to back? (And the integrity Phil and Rickie displayed was amazing as well! It’s just so cool when you see guys lose hundreds of thousands of Dollars and still say positive things about their opponents.)
- What is your favorite course in San Diego and why? (My favorite courses are Torrey Pines for the views and difficulty and Balboa 9 for a quick round that is close to my home!)
- Who do you think will win the Ryder Cup? Europe or USA? (As much as I want to see the US win, Europe has some pretty strong players at the moment – Rory McIlroy, Sergio Garcia, Justin Rose, Martin Kaymer, and the list goes on.)
Talking tournament golf can be difficult at first, but I’ll let you in on a little secret. I just watch 30 minutes on Monday of the morning drive on the golf channel and voila – I have all of my golf talking points for the week!